In this recipe video, I’m going to show you how to make green tomato chutney. If you grow lots of delicious tomatoes, this is the perfect recipe for you to finish the growing season. All of those green tomatoes that don’t have time to ripen on the plant can now be put to good use with this awesome chutney recipe!
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
How To Make Green Tomato Chutney
1kg x Green Tomatoes
1 kg x Red Onions
4 x Cloves of Garlic
4 x Jalapeño Peppers
2 tsp x Salt
0.5 tsp x Ground Black Pepper
500g x Demerara Sugar
700 ml x White Wine Vinegar
- Begin by chopping the green tomatoes and red onions into small dice.
- Next, finely chop the garlic and jalapeño peppers.
- Place all ingredients into a large pan. Bring to a boil and immediately turn down to low heat.
- Simmer for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes until the chutney has reduced down, reaches a much darker colour and stickier consistency.
- Pour the chutney into sterilised jars while still hot and seal with a lid.
- Store for up to one year before opening. Once open, keep it in the refrigerator and eat within one month.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.