In this recipe post, I’ll show you How to Make EASY Pickled Beetroot at Home. This is a Must Try Recipe that you can use to pickle almost any vegetable! For this Beetroot Pickle recipe, I used my own homegrown beets from my veg garden but don’t worry, the exact same method can be applied when buying them from a shop or market. Not only are they mouth warteringly good, this is also a fantastic way of preserving your beetroot if you have a bumper harvest. Check out the recipe below.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
2kg x Raw Beetroot
750ml x Water
500ml x Cider Vinegar (or any vinegar of your choice)
250g x Caster Sugar
15g x Sea Salt
You will also need a large pot of salted water.
- To begin, wash and trim off the leaves from the raw beetroot and place into a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil and turn down to a gentle simmer until the beetroot is tender. This will take 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the beetroot are cooked take them off the heat and run the full pan under cold water to stop the cooking and cool them down.
- Next, remove the beetroot skins by rubbing your hands over the surface of the beetroot. The skins should slip straight off. Wear gloves to avoid pink hands.
- Slice the beetroot to about 5mm thickness and set to one side.
- To Make the Pickling Liquor – Add the water, vinegar, caster sugar and sea salt into a sauce pan and heat until the sugar and salt has fully dissolved.
- Place the sliced beetroot into sterilised jars and pour over the hot pickling liquor until the beetroot is fully covered. Seal with a lid and store in a cupboard or pantry. For best flavour leave them jarred for 3 to 7 days before opening. Keep in the fridge once opened.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed my How to Make Easy Pickled Beetroot recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.