In this recipe post I am going to show you how to make these delicious Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Rocket and Toasted Ciabatta. This is a really quick, easy recipe and a real crowd pleaser! The perfect recipe for a quick breakfast, brunch, or lunch! Heres how you make it…
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
This recipe makes two servings
250g x Chestnut Mushrooms
250ml x Double Cream
15g x Unsalted Butter
1 x Garlic Clove
30g x Rocket
Small Handful x Fresh Parsley
Drizzle x Olive oil
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
How to Make Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Rocket and Toasted Ciabatta
- Begin by taking the chestnut mushrooms and cutting them into quarters.
- Next, place a frying pan onto medium heat and add a small drizzle of olive oil, followed by the butter.
- Add the quartered chestnut mushrooms into the pan along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are soft and starting to brown on the outside.
- Take the clove of garlic, peel and finely chop it. You can also use a garlic crusher of a fine grater to do this. Add the chopped garlic into the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, pour in the double cream and a pinch of black pepper. Leave to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- While the cream is simmering away, take the fresh parsley and chop it as finely as you can. Once chopped stir it straight into the creamy mushrooms.
- At this stage the mushrooms are ready. If you would like the sauce thicker you can cook them for a couple of extra minutes, the sauce will reduce down. If the sauce ends up to thick, don’t worry, you can always add an extra splash of cream to loosen it up again.
- Now, to toast the ciabatta. Place a griddle or frying pan onto the heat. Cut the ciabatta to your desired size and slice through the centre to open it up. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a touch of salt. Place oil side down into the hot pan and cook until golden, this will only take minute so be sure to keep a close eye on it.
- To serve. Take the toasted ciabatta and top it with a small handful of rocket leaves. Then, generously cover the rocket and ciabatta with half of the creamy garlic mushrooms. Finish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
Now, this may not be the prettiest dish… but it sure is damn tasty! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed my Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Rocket and Toasted Ciabatta. You can check out more of my recipes here.