In this recipe post I am going to show you how to make a delicious Chocolate, Hazelnut Tart Recipe with Chewy Salted Caramel. This one is not to be missed!
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
Ingredients for the Pastry
175g x Plain Flour
25g x Ground Almond
75g x Icing Sugar
90g x Unsalted Butter
1 x Egg (Beaten)
Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for the Salted Caramel
300g x Caster Sugar
100ml x Water
120g x Double Cream
70g x Unsalted Butter
Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for the Chocolate Ganache
250ml x Double Cream
200g x Dark Chocolate
1 tsp x Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
100g x Hazelnuts to Garnish
Method – How to Make Chocolate, Hazelnut Tart Recipe with Chewy Salted Caramel
- To make the pastry. begin by placing the plain flour, ground almonds, icing sugar, salt, and butter into a bowl. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles fine sand.
- Next, beat the egg and gradually add to the pastry mix, mixing until it binds together. Please note, you may not need to use the full egg. Press the pastry between two sheets of greaseproof paper or wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and place the pastry onto a floured surface. Gently press the pastry using a rolling pin to get it started and then roll out to around 5mm thick. Place pastry over your tart dish/tin and press the pastry into the edges. Trim off the excess pastry and press a fork into the base to make a few holes. This is called docking the pastry and will help to prevent it from rising up in the oven. Place the prepared pastry case back into the fridge for 1 hour to rest before blind baking.
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans or rice, and bake for 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 175°C-350°F.
- To make the caramel. Place a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and add in the caster sugar followed by 100ml of water. Heat until you have an amber coloured caramel. It’s very important at this point that you DO NOT STIR or the caramel will crystalise!
- Next, add in double cream, unsalted butter, and a pinch of salt and heat until the caramel reaches Firm Ball stage, 116°C-242°F on a sugar thermometer.
- Take off the heat and pour into your baked pastry case. Place back into the fridge to set, roughly around 30 minutes.
- Toast the Hazelnuts. Place the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and place them into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and crush using a rolling pin.
- To make the Ganache. Heat the cream over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Take of the heat immediately and add the dark chocolate into the cream followed by the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Stir until smooth and pour into the pastry case over the caramel. Top with crushed toasted hazelnuts and place back into the fridge to chill before slicing and eating.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed my Chocolate, Hazelnut Tart Recipe with Chewy Salted Caramel. You can check out more of my recipes here.