In this post, I will show you how to make the CREAMIEST Hasselback Dauphinoise Potatoes! This potato gratin recipe is a wonderful side dish, but be warned, It’s rich, it’s creamy, and it’s massively indulgent. You must give this hasselback dauphinoise potato gratin recipe a try! Here’s the recipe.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
6 x Medium Potatoes
600ml x Double Cream (Heavy Cream)
30g x Melted Butter
60g x Mature Cheddar Cheese
4-6 Sprigs x Fresh Thyme
6 x Cloves of Garlic
Ground Black Pepper
1. Begin by washing and slicing the hasselback potatoes. Slice the potatoes but do not cut all the way through. A good tip is to lay two wooden spoons flat and place the potato between the handles. Cut through until your knife reached the handles of the wooden spoons as shown in the video.
2. Place the potatoes into an oven dish with reasonably high sides. Make sure the potatoes fill the dish. Pour over the melted butter and brush using a pastry brush until the potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place into a preheated oven at 200°C-390°F for 45 minutes.
4. Next, pour the cream into a saucepan followed by 3 cloves of lightly crushed garlic. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Then, add a couple of thyme sprigs and bring them to a simmer. Once simmering take off the heat and set to one side until the potatoes are cooked.
5. Thinly slice 3 more cloves of garlic and stud them into the cooked hasselback potatoes. Sprinkle with some chopped thyme.
6. Remove the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs from the cream. Pour the infused cream over the potatoes and grate over the mature cheddar cheese.
7. Place back in the oven for around 30 minutes or until crisp and golden on top.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoyed my Hasselback Dauphinoise Potato Gratin Recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have