In this post, I am going to show you how to cook perfect lamb chops at home with fresh, homemade mint sauce. I think that lamb can be one of those meats that people often steer away from cooking at home. However, I want to show you that keeping things simple really is the key to cooking juicy and delicious lamb chops. Lamb and mint are possibly one of the most famous flavour combinations going, so why not learn how to make your own fresh mint sauce too? I promise you will not regret it! Here is my Juicy Lamb Chops & Homemade Mint Sauce.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
Juicy Lamb Chops & Homemade Mint Sauce
4 x Lamb Chops
1 Bunch x Fresh Mint
1 tbsp x Caster Sugar
1/2 x Lime (Juice only)
4 tbsp x White Wine Vinegar
4 tbsp x Boiling Water
Method to cook Lamb Chops
- Take the lamb chops out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking. Doing this will result in juicier, more evenly cooked meat.
- Generously season with salt only on both sides. Set to one side for 5 minutes before cooking. This will give chance for the salt to penetrate into the meat and flavour it throughout. It will also withdraw any unnecessary water the chops may be holding.
- Place a skillet over high heat, making sure the pan is extremely hot (smoking hot) before you begin cooking.
- Pat the lamb chops dry using a piece of kitchen paper or a clean tea towel and place them into the hot skillet. It’s worth noting that you do not need to add any oil or fat to the pan. The fat from the lamb chops will render down almost instantly creating more than enough fat for the chops to cook in.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium. Adjust timing to your liking. If you’re unsure about this I would highly recommend buying a temperature probe and following this temperature guide.
6. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with black pepper. Leave to rest for 5 minutes on a tray or plate. This will give the lamb time to relax and absorb all those lovely cooking juices after the intensely hot cooking. This stage is key to juicy chops! Do not skip it!
To Make the Mint Sauce
- Remove the mint leaves from the stalks and finely chop the leaves.
- Place into a bowl followed by a good pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar, 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 4 tablespoons of boiling water, and the juice of half a lime.
- Give everything a good stir until the sugar has dissolved. Taste it and adjust the salt, sugar, and vinegar to your liking.
- If you like a finer sauce you can place all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz it up until it’s as smooth or chunky as you like. I recommend using a blender like this one here.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoyed my Juicy Lamb Chops & Homemade Mint Sauce recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have