In this post, I am going to show you how to make my recipe for the fluffiest buttermilk pancakes. They are the perfect treat and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or even dessert! Cover them in a syrup of your choice, chocolate, fruit, and enjoy. Here’s The Fluffiest Buttermilk Pancake Recipe.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
125g x Plain Flour
1/4 teaspoon x Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 teaspoon x Baking Powder
1 x pinch of Salt
2 x Egg Yolks
4 x Egg Whites
25g x Melted Butter
150ml x Buttermilk
30g x Caster Sugar
Zest of Half Lemon
1 teaspoon x Lemon Juice
- Begin by weighing out all ingredients.
- Place the buttermilk, egg yolks, lemon zest, melted butter, plain flour, bicarb, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Next, whisk the egg whites and one teaspoon of lemon juice using an electric whisk or stand mixer until they double in size. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until fully incorporated.
- Fold one-third of the whisked egg whites into the pancake batter. Don’t worry about knocking the air out with this first third, you can be quite rough. This will make it easier to incorporate the rest of the egg whites.
- Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites one spoon at a time.
6. Place a frying pan over a low heat. Add into the pan a small ladle of pancake batter followed by a small splash of water. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Remove the lid and place another small amount of pancake batter onto the pancakes, cover and cook for one more minute.
8. Flip the pancakes over and add another splash of water. Cover and cook for a final 3 minutes.
9. Stack up the pancakes, cover with syrup of your choice, fruit and enjoy!
If you would like to make your own buttermilk check out my post How To Make Buttermilk At Home (In 3 ways)
Or the video here: HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK | At home In 3 ways (What is Buttermilk?)
Thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoyed The Fluffiest Buttermilk Pancake Recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have