In this recipe, I will show you how to make the most delicious ginger-spiced honeycomb coated in dark chocolate. This is my take on the Crunchie chocolate bar and in my opinion, the addition of ginger really steps this up to the next level!
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
300g x Caster Sugar
150g x Golden Syrup
2.5 teaspoons x Bicarbonate of Soda
1 teaspoon x Ground Ginger
200g x Dark Chocolate
- Begin by greasing and lining a deep heatproof dish with greaseproof paper. It’s important to do this before you start cooking because this recipe is extremely time-sensitive and you need to keep your eyes on it at all times.
- Next, mix together the bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger.
- Place a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and add the caster sugar and golden syrup into it.
- Heat stirring occasionally until the sugar and golden syrup reach a deep amber colour or a temperature between 121-130°C 250-265°F on a sugar thermometer.
- At this stage, remove from the heat. Add in the bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger mix, quickly stir. Be very careful at this point because the honeycomb will rise up very quickly and it is extremely hot.
- Carefully pour the honeycomb mixture into the prepared, lined, heatproof dish. Leave to cool for one hour.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, don’t allow the bowl to touch the water. Add the dark chocolate into the bowl and melt.
- Finally, break the honeycomb into chunks and dip them into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate-covered honeycomb chunks onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to cool until the chocolate has set.
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed my Ginger Spiced Honeycomb with Dark Chocolate Recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have