This Flapjack is a wonderfully simple recipe that you can make at home with just five simple ingredients for the main flapjack itself. Into this base recipe, you can add dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips and get as creative as you’d like but for this recipe, we are keeping it simple and getting adventurous with the topping instead. This white chocolate and yoghurt topping is a real winner and can also be used to top cakes and cookies. Here is our recipe for the best Flapjack with Yoghurt, White Chocolate & Cranberry Topping.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
What is a Flapjack?
Flapjack is a baked oat bar cooked in a baking tray with butter, sugar, flour and golden syrup.
Flapjack may also be known as…
Granola bar, Muesli bar, Cereal bar, Oat bar or Breakfast bar.
Flapjack with Yoghurt, White Chocolate & Cranberry Topping
150g x Oats
175g x Unsalted Butter
100g x Light Brown Sugar
50g x Golden Syrup
70g x Plain Flour
For the Topping
200g x White Chocolate
100g x Natural Yoghurt
35g x Chopped Dried Cranberries
Method to Make the Flapjack
- Start by placing a saucepan on low heat and preheating the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- Add into the saucepan the unsalted butter, light brown sugar, and golden syrup. Heat, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and plain flour. Mix together and make a well in the centre.
- Now add the butter, sugar, and golden syrup mix into the oats and flour. Mix together and press into a 7 x 5 x 2-inch baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool before adding the topping.
To Make the Yoghurt Topping
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Don’t allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Add white chocolate into the bowl and melt.
- Take the chocolate off the heat and stir in the natural yoghurt.
- Mix in half of the chopped cranberries and save half to sprinkle on top.
- To finish. Pour the white chocolate and yoghurt mix over the cooled flapjack and spread out. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cranberries. Place in the fridge to set before portioning.
For more flapjack related facts check out All for the Love of Flapjacks
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed my Flapjack with Yoghurt, White Chocolate & Cranberry Topping recipe. You can check out more of my recipes here.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have