I’m so excited to show you how to make hummus. It’s so easy! In this recipe, I keep things simple by using water in place of olive oil, which also gives this hummus recipe its light creamy texture and makes it even more healthy than it already is. Making your own hummus couldn’t be more simple. Try it! Here’s How To Make Homemade Hummus.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
240g x Chickpeas (drained weight)
60g x Tahini
1-2 x Cloves of Garlic
1 x Lemon (juice only)
Method: How to Make Homemade Hummus
- Begin by draining the chickpeas in a colander and rinsing thoroughly under cold water.
2. Next, remove skins from the chickpeas. This step is optional. However, I feel it is totally worth doing. Removing the skins will result in a super smooth and creamy hummus. It all comes down to your personal preference and taste.
3. Peel two cloves of garlic and then add all ingredients into a food processor apart from the water. Blend until all ingredients become a thick paste.
4. Next, add the iced water little by little until it reaches a consistency you are happy with. Some people like a thick hummus but I like it looser with a creamy texture.
5. Finally, give it a taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. You can garnish it with paprika and fresh herbs or just eat it as it is.
Hummus Serving suggestions
Hummus is wonderful as a dip for various vegetables such as carrots, celery, radish or anything with a crunchy texture, apple also workes really well with it!
You could make croutons or tear off pieces of crusty bread and go in for the dip! However, my all-time favourite thing to eat it with is a warm, freshly baked flatbread. Heres my Effortless Flatbread Recipe (No Yeast) if you’d like to give it a try.
Try using it as an alternative to mayonnaise in sandwiches or as a pasta salad dressing. This list goes on!
If you would like more information on the history of hummus, check this out!
I hope you enjoyed How To Make Homemade Hummus!
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook. TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have