One of the most popular breakfast choices is poached eggs but to my knowledge, lots of people are afraid to give them a try at home, thinking they’re too difficult to make. You can find many tricks and techniques on the internet and in cookbooks of how to make perfectly poached eggs – every time with the latest kitchen hacks but you do not need to overthink the process of poaching an egg.
Some advice from the other methods can cause confusion and make it sound like a difficult task. There are numerous kitchen tools on the market that have been created purely to make poached eggs. Let’s face it, it’s just one extra item to clutter up the kitchen and will only get used once in a blue moon.
In my opinion, you don’t need to rely on magic tricks, kitchen gadgets or the latest hack to create a stunning poached egg at home. When people ask me, “How to Make Perfectly Poached Eggs – Every Time?” My answer is based on simple methods and technique. Here is how I do it and I assure you, this way has never let me down.
Check out the recipe video below!
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
1. Begin by filling a saucepan with water until almost full, leaving a 2cm gap at the top.
2. Place the pan onto a high heat and add in the white wine vinegar. Bring to the boil.
3. Crack your eggs into the ramekins. This makes it easy to see if any broken eggshell has fallen in before cooking. It also helps when transferring them into the water ensuring a gentle drop.
4. Make sure the water is boiling showing large bubbles (rolling boil). These bubbles will help to keep the eggs away from the base of the pan. The eggs falling through the deep water and the bubbles preventing them from hitting the bottom will help form the perfect ball shape.
5. Set your timer for 3 minutes for a classic runny yolk. If you prefer them well done, cook them for 5 minutes. Keep the pan on high heat throughout the cooking time.
6. Remove the eggs from the pan using a slotted spoon and place into a bowl. Drain off any excess water before serving. You can also place them on some paper towel to absorb the excess water.
I hope you found How to Make Perfectly Poached Eggs – Every Time! useful and give this method a try.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop to purchase my e-cookbook. TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have