This Winter Spiced Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Recipe is a real winter warmer, perfect with cheese and crackers or goes beautifully with cold meats such as leftover turkey on boxing day. This is such a great recipe to make in advance as it lasts in the fridge for up to a month, or it could also be made as a fantastic, homemade gift idea to give out this Christmas to your loved ones. Here is how to make it.
6 x Medium Red Onions
2 x Cloves of Garlic
150ml x Balsamic Vinegar
130g x Light Brown Sugar
2 x Oranges (Juice)
2 x Strips of Orange Rind
10g x Fresh Ginger (finely grated)
1 x Cinnamon Stick
6 x Cloves
1 x Star Anise
2 x Bay Leaves
Pinch x Sea salt
20ml x Olive Oil
Check out the recipe video below!
Don't forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
1. Begin taking the red onions and removing the top and tail, cut them in half, remove the skins and slice.
3. Next, add in the light brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, juice of two oranges and two strips of orange rind.
4. Leave whole but lightly crush two cloves of garlic and add them into the pan.
6. Next, finely grate the ginger using a Microplane and add it to the pan. Give everything a good mix and cook over low heat for roughly 45 minutes until the liquid had reduced and the chutney is a sticky, shiny, jam-like consistency. Remember to give it a stir every 5-10 minutes.
7. Store the chutney in a sterilised jar, in the fridge for up to 1 month. Find out how to sterilise a jar here.
Thanks for reading my Winter Spiced Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Recipe. If you liked it you could check out my Chocolate Mousse Recipe with a Twist of Orange. You can find more of my Good Day Recipes and Bad Day Recipes or my Recipe Cards Here
Visit the TJR MinT Shop for my ebook. TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have