If you have never made bread before, but are wanting to give it a try, this is the perfect recipe for you. It is so simple you’ll never want to buy shop-bought bread again. We have all heard of the sourdough hype in recent years but let’s be honest, although it is delicious and extremely fun to make, we don’t always have the time to make sourdough. This is my go-to recipe when it comes to making a quick loaf of bread. Here is How to Make an Easy White Tin Loaf.
How to Make an Easy White Tin Loaf
To Make one Loaf
500g x Strong White Bread Flour (plus extra for dusting)
7g Sachet x Fast Action Yeast (find out about different types of yeast here)
300ml x Tepid Water
1 teaspoon x Salt
1 teaspoon x Sugar (optional)
How to Make Whole Wheat Bread Tin Loaf Recipe Video Below
- Place flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the yeast and sugar (if using) to 300ml of tepid water and leave the yeast to activate for 5 minutes. The sugar will give something for the yeast to feed on and results in the yeast becoming active a little bit quicker.
3. Next, add the yeast mixture to the flour and salt. Mix together to form a dough.
4. Tip the dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and stretchy with a slight shine to it.
5. Place the dough into a mixing bowl and cover with a damp tea towel or cling film. Leave to rise until it has doubled in size. This will take roughly 1 hour.
7. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for a further 40 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 210°C for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 190°C for a further 25 minutes. The bread is cooked when you tap the bottom and it sounds hollow.
Visit the TJR MinT Shop for my ebook. TJR MinT Recipe Cards – Every Home Cook Should Have