The addition of oats to your pancake recipe is a fantastic way of adding a little extra texture and fibre to your indulgent pancake breakfast. I served mine with lashings of chocolate syrup and a generous serving of fresh strawberries. Here’s my recipe for Oat Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup and Strawberries.
Ingredients for Oat Pancakes
110g x Plain flour
Pinch of Sea Salt
50g x Oats
1 x Free Range Egg
240ml x Milk
Ingredients for chocolate Syrup
2 tsp x Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp x Golden Syrup
you will also need:
500g x Fresh Strawberries
Check out my video for Oat Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup and Strawberries
1. Start by weighing out all ingredients for the pancake mix apart from the olive oil.
2. Place ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk. That is your pancake batter complete. Set aside to rest.
3. Make the chocolate syrup by mixing the golden syrup and cocoa power together.
4. Next, add a drizzle of olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
5. To cook the pancakes ladle a small amount of pancake batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Prepare the strawberries by removing the stalks and cutting into quarters.
7. Finally, serve by stacking the pancakes high on a plate with a small amount of chocolate syrup in-between each one. Top with the strawberries and more chocolate syrup.
Equipment you will need to make this recipe: