This is by no means a traditional risotto recipe. However, this is a fantastic cheat version of risotto for you to make at home. With a few basic ingredients, this recipe is extremely tasty and simple to throw together. I assure you the whole family will be satisfied with this Easy Risotto Recipe with Peas and Leek
This recipe serves 2-3 people.
200g x Arborio Rice
2 x Small Onions (diced)
1 x Stick of Celery
1 x Large Leek (sliced)
2 x Cloves of Garlic (minced)
150g x Frozen peas
1 litre x Veg stock (Approx)
50g x Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
20g x Butter (optional)
2 tbsp x Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Check out my short recipe video out below.
- 1. Start by bringing a pan of water to the boil. This will be for the veg stock.
- 2. Prepare all of the vegetables.
- 3. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan and begin to sweat down the onions, celery and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- 4. Next add the arborio rice and stir until every grain of rice is coated with oil.
- 5. Begin to add the vegetable stock one ladle at a time, stirring continuously. Once the stock has absorbed into the rice, add the next ladle. Repeat until the rice is soft with a slight bite to it (al dente).
- 6. Add in the sliced leeks followed by the peas and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- 7. Stir in the butter (if using) followed by the grated Parmesan. Check the seasoning and alter with sea salt and black pepper if needed. Serve to finish with a final grating of parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Equipment you will need to make this recipe