Have you heard about Egg Muffins? No, I hadn’t either! Until my wife said why don’t you make some egg muffins for breakfast and it blew my mind how simple this alternative high protein, low carb, healthy breakfast is. I’m so glad these were brought to my attention because they are amazing. I will definitely make these tasty breakfast treats more often! They are a great easy breakfast to eat at home in the morning but they are also perfect to pop into a lunch box or eat on the go. If you would like to try it out, keep reading for my Breakfast Egg Muffins – Tasty High Protein Recipe.
This recipe makes 9 cupcake sized egg muffins.
6 x Free Range Eggs
1 x Spring Onion
9 x Cherry Tomatoes
40g x Brie
6 x Basil Leaves
Sea Salt + Black Pepper
- 1. Start by preheating your oven to 200°C.
- 2. Crack your eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until yolks and whites are fully combined.
- 3. Grease your muffin tray or line with greaseproof muffin cases. You can use silicone cases too.
- 4. Next, thinly slice your spring onion and half your cherry tomatoes. Share out the spring onion into the muffin cases followed by one tomato per muffin.
- 5. Share the Brie between the nine muffins followed by the finely chopped basil leaves and season each one with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- 6. Fill each muffin with your beaten eggs and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown on top.
Tips – You can personalise these easy egg muffins to suit your taste by using different types of cheese (such as Stilton which has a characteristic taste), veggies, herbs or adding bacon, smoked salmon or cured meats. Pre-make them and store in the fridge for up to three days.