Give the traditional pavlova a tropical twist with this Tropical Fruit Pavlova Easy and Fresh Recipe. It’s a glorious recipe for a summer party and a real show stopper that the full family will love.
6 x Large Egg Whites
375g x Caster Sugar
1 tbsp x Cornflour
1 tbsp x White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp x Vanilla Extract
For The Topping
600ml x Double Cream
2 tbsp x Icing Sugar
1 x Mango
1 x Pineapple
3 x Kiwi Fruit
3 x passion Fruit
Mint leaves to decorate
- 1. Start by preheating your oven to 120°C and weighing out all of your ingredients so that everything is ready to go.
- 2. Place your egg whites into an extremely clean mixing bowl. Whisk until your egg whites reach stiff peaks. You can use an electric hand whisk or a free-standing mixer to do this. Then gradually whisk in the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time until it is fully incorporated. Add the cornflour, vanilla extract and white wine vinegar to the bowl and whisk until just combined.
- 3. Spread the mixture onto two lined baking sheets and spread the meringue out to 30cm round, leaving it shallower in the centre and thicker around the edges. This will create the bowl to hold all of your delicious fruit and cream.
- 4. Bake your pavlova bases for 1 hour 30 minutes or until it feels firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue to cool inside.
- 5. Next, whip the double cream and icing sugar together and prepare your fruit.
- 6. To assemble, decide which meringue you want to be the top and bottom and then split the cream 50/50 over the two layers. For the bottom spread one-third of the fruit over and place the top layer on top. decorate with the remaining fruit and scatter with fresh mint leaves.
Tip – I like to make a few extra meringues using a piping bag to decorate the pavlova. If you would like to do this, take 2-3 tablespoons of the meringue mixture and pipe into any shape you like. Bake at the same time as your pavlova bases.