Avocados, one of the most popular “trendy” foods going and I can see why. They contain good fats, they are naturally sodium, sugar and cholesterol-free and they contain vitamins A, D, K and E. What’s not to love about them? For more excellent avocado facts check out this article by greenblender.com. My recipe for Avocado Tagliatelle with Basil, Lime and Cherry Tomatoes is healthy, fresh, full of flavour and it can all be prepared in the time it takes for you to cook your pasta.
This recipe is based on serving two people.
160g x Dried Tagliatelle or 220g if using fresh Tagliatelle
2 x Avocadoes
1 x clove of garlic
1 x lime
1 x Bunch of Basil
10 x Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
10g – 20g x Grated parmesan
- 1. Start by gathering and weighing out all of your ingredients. Place a large deep pan of salted water on the hob and bring it to the boil ready for your pasta.
- 2. While your pasta water is coming up to the boil it’s time to start making the avocado sauce. The easiest way to do this is by using a food processor. Prepare your avocados by cutting them in half and removing the flesh, place into your food processor.
- 3. Crush one clove of garlic and throw it in with the avocado. Next, add in the zest and juice of one lime.
- 4. Pick the basil leaves from the stalks and add them to the food processor (keeping some back to decorate your pasta dish with later).
- 5. Add a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Blend until the mix is smooth and creamy. Don’t forget to taste it, it may need some more salt and pepper to suit your taste. Your sauce is complete.
- 6. The pasta water will be ready with a rolling boil by now so its time to cook your pasta. If using dried tagliatelle follow the timings on the packet although it should take around 8 – 10 minutes. If using fresh pasta it will take 2 – 3 minutes to cook.
- 7. Once the pasta is cooked drain it and mix your avocado sauce through the hot tagliatelle. Serve immediately by placing the cherry tomatoes on top with some basil leave and the grated parmesan.
Tip – This sauce is suitable for vegans so if you swapped out the pasta and parmesan for a vegan alternative you will have a winning vegan dish.
I will list below some of the product I recommend using to make this dish that you can buy from amazon.