Learn how to Make Honeycomb Popcorn with this Easy Recipe! This is the perfect recipe for a movie night and will definitely impress your friends. If you’ve got a sweet tooth like me you’re really going to love this and with only four ingredients needed, it couldn’t be easier to make. If for some unknown reason you don’t manage to eat it all in one sitting, it is possible to store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Give it a try!
100g x Popcorn Kernels
200g x Caster Sugar
100g x Golden Syrup
2tsp x Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1. Start by popping your popcorn kernels and set to one side in a large heatproof bowl.
- 2. Place caster sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan and place over a medium heat.
- 3. Heat the caster sugar and golden syrup until you have a deep golden brown caramel.
- 4. Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda on to the caramel and whisk. The mixture will froth up straight away. Please take care while whisking as the caramel will be extremely hot. Congratulations, you’ve Just made honeycomb!
- 5. Carefully mix the honeycomb caramel with the popcorn using a wooden spoon until every piece is completely coated. Leave to cool on a lined baking tray. Once cool it is ready to break up, eat and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this tasty honeycomb popcorn. If you like this recipe, you may also like to check out my recipe for Traditional vanilla Fudge.
Thanks for reading.