Fruit sorbet is the summer dessert you must have in your freezer. It’s so refreshing on a hot day and the perfect way to end a meal. This Raspberry and Gooseberry sorbet recipe is so easy to make I think you will be surprised. You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it. Here is how to make it.
400g x Raspberries
400g x Gooseberries
100g x Caster sugar
40ml x water
1. Place the fruit into a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Pass the fruit through a fine sieve using the back of a spoon or ladle to push through as much fruit as you can, leaving any seeds and skin behind.
3. Add your sugar and water into a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Once cool combine the sugar syrup with the fruit purée and mix.
5. At this point, if you are using an ice cream maker you can pour the mixture in and churn until frozen.
6. If you don’t have an ice cream maker pour the mixture into a lidded container and pop it into the freezer. Churn using a fork every 30 minutes for 3 to 4 hours until frozen.
You can use this method with almost any fruit so don’t be afraid to experiment. I hope you enjoy this Raspberry and Gooseberry Sorbet Recipe and give it a try for yourself!