This Effortless Flatbread Recipe with No Yeast is one of my favourite recipes, not only is it easy to make but it goes well with any stews or soups, dipped in hummus or used as a wrap. They are easy to store and perfect to pop into the freezer to extend the shelf life and use as you need. You can experiment with this recipe easily by swapping out the plain flour for any other types of flour or creating your own flour blends. You could try adding herbs, seeds, nuts, olives, sun-dried tomatoes etc. Think of this recipe as a blank canvas for you to get creative! It’s worth keeping in your mind that adding other ingredients may change the consistency of the dough but you can correct this by simply adding more water if it feels too dry or more flour if it is too wet. Try this recipe out and create your own amazing flatbread.
400g x Plain Flour (plus extra for dusting)
Half teaspoon x Salt
200ml x Warm Water
Recipe makes 8 – 12
- 1. Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together until they form a dough.
- 2. You are aiming for a soft dough but if you find it too sticky add a little extra flour or if it is too dry add a little extra water.
- 3. Lightly flour a work surface and tip the dough onto it.
- 4. Begin to knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- 5. Place the kneaded dough back into the bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- 6. Divide the dough into 8 for larger flatbread or 12 for slightly smaller.
- 7. Roll out one at a time on a clean, lightly floured surface. Don’t worry if they are not perfect circles.
- 8. Place a frying pan on a high heat allowing it to become extremely hot. Cook the flatbread for 1 – 2 minutes on each side and repeat the same method with each dough ball.
I hope you enjoyed this Effortless Flatbread Recipe with No Yeast and give it a try!
Check out my recipe for Green Lentil and Vegetable Broth it goes perfectly with freshly baked flatbread.