This Green Lentil and Vegetable Broth recipe is one of my go to soups when I’m in need of a good hearty and healthy lunch. This broth has lots of nutritional benefits and is packed full of protein so it will definitely keep you full of energy throughout the day. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
This recipe will serve 4
1 x Medium White Onion (diced)
2 x Clove of Garlic (finely sliced)
1 x Stick of Celery (diced)
2 x Small Carrots (diced)
1 x Small Courgette (diced)
1.5 Tablespoons x olive oil
100g x Green Lentils
Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
1 litre x Vegetable Stock
Small handful x Flat leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1. Start by placing the olive oil into a sauce pan over a medium heat.
- 2. Next add to the pan the diced onion, diced carrot and diced celery. This is called a mirepoix and this will form the base of your soup.
- 3. Add a pinch of sea salt and gently cook until the onion becomes soft and transparent. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- 4. At this point add your sliced garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 5. Now add to the pan your vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- 6. Once your veg stock is simmering nicely its time to throw in your green lentils and diced courgette.
- 7. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the lentils are tender and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- 8. Finish with fresh parsley.
- I hope that you have enjoyed my Green Lentil and Vegetable Broth Recipe and give it a try for yourself!